Members Lois Kfoury, Bob Hamilton and Tressa Bickford spent a recent Saturday doing fall cleanup at Exeter's Powder House. 
The Powder House was built in 1771. It is located at Powder House Point (previously Duck Point), and can be seen across the river from Swasey Parkway. On December 17, 1812, the State Legislature passed a resolution empowering the Governor to purchase a supply of powder, lead and flints for the use of the State. (The War of 1812) Half of this material was to be stored in Exeter, and the Governor was authorized to "procure some suitable magazines, or safe place of deposit - for the safe keeping of the public stores aforesaid". It is also thought that a number of barrels were stored in the Powder House and used at the Battle of Bunker Hill. Source